Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Our Deepest Fear

I didn't write this and have no idea who did. But this definately gave me something to think about... I hope this blesses you the way it did me

Our Deepest Fear...

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve
the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so
that other people will not feel insecure around you.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is
within us. It is not in just some of us; it is in
everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we
unconsciously give people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence
automatically liberates others.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing. Thanks for sharing :)

Shadraq said...

Great Quote. You are amazing.

Jourdan said...

That's cool. Interesting perspective!

a woman who is said...

Yeah, don't hide it under a bushel!

Nadine said...

I love you. Thanks for sharing those wonderful thoughts.

Emancipation of the Freed said...

This reminds me of a passage In “Wild at Heart” by John Eldredge. In it he challenges us to “left people feel the weight of who you “. When you think about it, false humility is really pride. Nice post, thanks for making me think.

Z

redeemed diva said...

Nelson Mandela wrote that. He gave that speech when he was released from prison--thanks for sharing it again. I like your blog. Very honest look at life. Cheers