Thursday, August 2, 2007

Just Like Clock-Work



I realized, lately, how routine my life has become. It's quite hilarious, actually. I noticed this yesterday, how ever scene throughout the day was like desa vu. Here's my typical day... EVERYDAY

7:00am: Wake up to country music, hit snooze
7:09am: Alarm goes off again, hit snooze
7:18am: Alarm goes off again, quickly ponders getting up, hit snooze
7:27am: Alarm goes off again, finally force myself out of bed
8:35am: Realize I'm running late and shouldn't have taken the time to shave my legs that morning
8:50am: Pull out of the driveway, and pass by an old couple picking up garbage.. Wave and Smile
9:05: Begin tutoring
10:10: End tutoring
10:30: Arrive at our apartment complex as the right side of my car windows get nailed by a sprinkler

AND IT GOES ON AND ON!

Literally, that is how every morning has been for the entire summer (same events at the same times). I find it comical; how I've gotten into such a routine that I can predict how every morning is going to turn out. And that every time I get home from tutoring, my car window WILL get hit by the same sprinkler.

So what is God trying to say? Don't let life become routine! Don't let it just slip past you by being stuck in the same situations every day. Allow God to come in and change your view, change your life, change your driving route ;-)...

I think, more than anything, this blog is for me. God had me write this to show me that my life doesn't have to be dull. That He can come in and add so much more if I allow the change to happen.

So God, I give you freedom into my life, to change what needs to be changed. Give me the strength and perseverance to keep going when I want to quit. You know what I need.

7 comments:

Danni said...

Great post, Tiff! I love the perspective - too often life does become routine...there is SOOO much more!

Anonymous said...

Tiffany... refreshing to hear your voice in your writing, good stuff. By the way, last night was fun, thanks for letting me help you cook :) Love ya

Nadine said...

It's almost like the movie Groundhog Day, where the main character relives the same day over and over. Nah...it's not.

Thank you for the reminder not to let it all be the same everyday. Live it to it's fullest.

Emancipation of the Freed said...

Loved this post... Oh God, set us free from the status quo!

Z

Shadraq said...

Hey, if you snort jello, it'll liven up your day!

Jen(n) said...

i'm kind of praying God passes some of your routine this way!! I'll be happy to send my chaos your way!!!!

Anonymous said...

Tiff! That picture is amazing! You gorgeous women! :) Love, love... glad you're home!