Sunday, August 19, 2007

W-W-W-W-WAIT


I want a little something more
Don't want the middle or the one before
I don't desire a complicated past
I want a love that will last
A Love that will Last by Renee Olstead

This song is one of my all time favorite romantic songs and God brought it to my mind today. Two of my close friends from high school were married last Saturday (August 11th) and they had a beautiful wedding. Mind you, I set them up in high school :-) I also have two close friends who recently got engaged and I couldn't be happier for them.

Why tell you all this? To share what I've been through and how this song brought revelation to me.

In my 19 1/2 years of being alive I have only ever had 1 boyfriend. I was about 17 years old and the relationship only lasted about 2 months. So, I've never been one to jump in and out of relationships. I've guarded my heart to the best of my ability and have waiting for the right person to come into my life.

Well, when my friends (as you know by now are Steven and Emily) announced their engagement about a month or so ago, I cried... tears of joy and also of self pity (yes, I admit it). I was jealous as heck. I kept asking God "Why?", "What did I do wrong?", "Why them and not me?". I kept telling God that I hadn't been one to throw myself at every available guy, when I could have. I said "God, I've been a good girl... so why haven't you brought the right one to me?"

God said, "Yeah, you've been a good girl... but it's not your time, it's Steven and Emily's time." Oh yes, the word I dislike the most, WAIT. God showed me that the reason they are engaged isn't because they've reached a certain level or made it to a point in life that I hadn't, it is simply Their Time.

I have chosen to wait on the Lord on this issue because He knows me better than I know myself. Like the song says, I don't want a complicated past... I just want a love that will last. And I know, that love is definitely worth waiting for.

8 comments:

Jen(n) said...

I think you just posted the heart of so many women! My response to your post would be a quote from one of Rita Springer's songs: "It's gonna be worth it!"
love you.

a woman who is said...

Thats my girl!!!!
Ditto Jenn
Right time, right place, right guy, the right life story.

Son 2:7 Oh, let me warn you, sisters in Jerusalem, by the gazelles, yes, by all the wild deer: Don't excite love, don't stir it up, until the time is ripe--and you're ready.

Anonymous said...

You will be a beautiful bride :)

Jessica said...

This is fabulous, my dear.

"God showed me that the reason they are engaged isn't because they've reached a certain level or made it to a point in life that I hadn't, it is simply Their Time."

I love you Tiffany!

- Jess <><

Nadine said...

You are a wise young lady. It is so worth it to wait for the right man then you look back and say that you were glad you held out for that special someone.

Jourdan said...

you will be such a fabulous bride...
what wisdom in your words!
I love you sister,
Jo

a woman who is said...

Love the new picture!

Nicholas said...

Tiff, this is awesome, everytime I read this... Bless ya my friend