Wednesday, November 14, 2007

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...


It is my most favorite time of year; the Holidays are finally upon us! Now, I'm not just your average "Christmas fan", I go all out :-). My family can attest to this, I start listening to Christmas music right after Halloween (actually I start WAY before that but I keep the volume down low). I also watched The Santa Claus last weekend with Valerie and Amanda. And if I had it my way, the Christmas tree would already be up. I feel like a 3 year old kid on Christmas Eve.... soo EXCITED.

I think it is the atmosphere of it all. I love walking around the mall and seeing the great decorations or randomly talking to a person in line at Starbucks because it's almost Christmas. But one of my most favorite things (wow, I feel like Julie Andrews in The Sound of Music) is to buy presents for people. I get so excited that I normally try to give them their present WAY before Christmas because I love seeing the look on their face. I guess you could call that one of my "love languages"; I definitely love to give gifts.

God also blessed me with the gift of receiving ;-) haha (I sound like my dad, scary). I'm not going to lie, I love getting presents haha :-D. It's not really the gift itself I'm excited about. I'm mostly excited because that person put the time into getting me something... it blesses me tremendously.

Well, I've rambled long enough. I hope you all enjoy this Holiday Season and spend as much of it as you can with your family! If you get the chance, I strongly encourage each of you to rent these movies during the Christmas Season :-)

Home Alone


White Christmas


It's a Wonderful Life


The Santa Claus

7 comments:

Shadraq said...

Yeah, I'm with you. I love the season. It's just not time yet. See my post http://shadraq.blogspot.com/2007/11/worst.html

But it most definately is the most wonderful time of the year. Tell you what, it is fun to watch you open presents.

Truth, when did you start listening the Christmas Music?

My vote: July

Love ya!

EM said...

You are a young woman after my own heart! I'll have to get all of the bridge friends to come for a movie night when I get back.

Anonymous said...

I love it too! Bless you tiff :)

a woman who is said...

Your top three movies are my top three Christmas movies too. I haven't seen The Santa Claus. I will most definitely have to try it.

Hey Tiff, I miss the good old days too, when you and Jenna went tripping through my garden with dress up cloths, and flower strung necklaces. Now I can't wait for Eden to grow up and enjoy the garden with me! Remember the Sunflower Play House, and me spying on you two cutie pies?

Jen(n) said...

My favorite is decorating Christmas cookies. It was such a huge tradition in my family and an all day event!!!
I have to admit I like pulling your name out of the siblings gift exchange! Twice in a row.

Unknown said...

wanna come over and decorate my house? whenever you're ready....you can even play Christmas music to your heart's content!!

love you tiff!

Nadine said...

I love Christmas too. I agree with Shadraq about timing. I love Christmas songs too. I bet your house looks great.